View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:52 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
It's true that they don't write that way anymore.

It is also true that if the schools are wasting much time on penmanship with my niece instead of getting her on a keyboard as soon as possible when she is old enough for school I and the rest of the family will be pitching a fit with the school board. Penmanship is now as useful as skill with a slide rule.

Grammar on the other hand is as important as ever.
I think you're wrong. My brother is in the sixth grade, and he has absolutely atrocious penmanship becuase his teachers thought the same way you do. His printing is about as good as I could do in the second grade. It's not illegible, it just looks like a second grader. And since he is in the sixth grade, they will not spend any more time on penmanship. Think of what it will mean when he has to take notes in a meeting at work.

Computer skills do not take as much time as penmanship. If you want your niece to use a computer, get her a typing program. Also, simply putting her in front of a keyboard is a waste of time if it isn't a structured teaching event.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote