View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #427
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
No contradiction, just the recognition that no design can have everything.

A car is designed to get you from point A to point B, not cook you breakfast and do your laundry. You wouldn't accuse BMW of sacrificing function over form because their latest model doesn't make sausage and eggs.

Why would I assume that? In architecture, in particular, I detest modernism. I am just explaining why Apple makes the decisions, choices, and sacrifices they make.
Apple should have come out with a new iPhone that would have been upgrade worthy from the iPhone 4s. But they didn't. Apple came out with minor incremental updates that aren't worth upgrading from a 4 or 4s. That's the problem. Apple's update is so-so. Sure it's better, but it's not better enough. I'm upgrading because my iPhone is old, slow, and doesn't run well. But would I wan to upgrade from a 4 or 4s? Nope. Not at all. Not worth the money. If Apple doesn't do any real innovating on the next iPhone, it still won't be worth upgrading. There is nothing innovative in the iPhone 5. It's just an iPhone 4s with a .5" taller screen, slightly better battery, updated processor and different connector. As long as Apple was going to be changing the connector, they should have made the screen wider since it doesn't matter if it's form fitting to the same devices as the 4s. It won't work. If you've invested some good $$$ on accessory devices, you'll have to buy new ones if new ones come out. This is Apple screwing customers.

Basically, if I was looking for a smartphone and didn't already have an iPad and didn't have the 3G, I'd be going Android. Apple really dropped the ball here. The iPhone 5 is nothing special. The presentation was lackluster as well. Apple is losing focus on reality.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-14-2012 at 04:32 PM.