View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:14 AM   #121
TCCPhreak
TCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of lightTCCPhreak is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4GNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Kernel image files extracted using dd commands shown above were added to the first post in this thread:
could you please check the non-touch one? I'm starting to think that this is not really correct. It doesn't look like a Linux-kernel image to me - more like a simple backup of mmcblk0 but cropped after 4.5 MB - so after the Linux-kernel starts but before it ends.
So it's neither a usable kernel for fastboot, nor a complete image of the unpartitioned mmc-space usable for dd. I guess you'd have to use the "skip"-option on dd to ensure you copy the kernel completely. Of course, once you have the unpartitioned 32MB somewhere, you can also use a simple hexeditor.

Unfortunately, I only checked for that after I tried to flash it. So at the moment, my Kindle seems "broken some more". MfgTool still can see it when magic-booting but sending it to fastboot doesn't seem to work.

I can confirm that 0xE41000 looks like a good guess for the diags-kernel in the non-touch, too. With 0x4E3000 (padded to 4K boundaries), it looks slightly larger than the non-diag (0x48A540).

I guess, I'll have to read into how to flash with MfgTool / how to create own profiles next..

@geekmaster:
The problem with the runme.sh-scripts is that I have to be able to copy them to the Kindle - which is next-to-impossible in the short timespan I can access it - and the system has to boot far enough to start accessing scripts - which I also strongly doubt.
Though I gotta admit that I didn't yet access the serial port to watch the boot messages. Looks like this might be a good idea, too.

Regards,

TCC
TCCPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote