View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #11
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Ah yes on windows for some reason the calibre command line utilities dont play well with the cmd.exe interpreter. Better to use powershell.
It confused me for a while. First I thought my batch file logic was faulty, then I thought the program after the calbredb command was causing the trouble, then I tried a couple of tricks to work around it. I even thought about doing this on one of my *nix boxes, or under Cygwin, but I wasn't sure if the db would need to be converted, so I gave up and just ran the calibredb stuff separately. Interestingly, multiple invocations of the calibredb command in a single FOR loop worked fine. I just couldn't get any subsequent lines or calls to batch subroutines or external batch files to work.

Anyway, thanks again. If I do this again, I'll try powershell.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote