View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #13
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
iPod for books - best explanation I've heard so far
I use the iPod example to explain ebook formats
  • "you know how iPod music is one format and then there is mp3, and wma?"
  • "ya, ok"
  • "so for eBooks it is the same, there is Mobipocket, Kindle, eReader, etc. I picked Cybook because it reads Mobipocket and I can get those books at lots of eBooks stores"
  • "Oh, so you get those online? How much do the books cost?"
  • and on it goes.
Somehow comparing to music makes it all OK to my Victims, ummm, I mean Listeners.

I think I may have sold a Cybook today with just verbal descriptions. I was dropping my son off and didn't expect to stay long so didn't bring my Cybook with me. Of course then I started to talking to the teacher about books and the fact that I only read books on my Cybook now... thanks to iPod she understands the concept of different eBook formats and thinks her brother would love to get one for Christmas. There is a chance her Mother might get one in the future too.

Last edited by Justy; 10-30-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote