View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 11:24 PM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well, that's true about how certain methods could become outdated fast. But it's just a good argument for RedFly's USB/BT "docking" mechanism instead of a direct hardware screen connection until something better (faster wireless connection than BT) comes along.

As far as drivers, I don't see that vendors have had trouble keeping up with PalmOS (not that it changes much) or WinMobile. But that could be an issue, I suppose, if Android, Access and a lot of other Linux flavors all flood the market with devices. But I expect consolidation, and hopefully enough common ground among the Linux OS's that this sort of solution (using a mini laptop for an interface to the handheld computing device) is still practical to support across the board.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote