View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
What will be the next 150 days in e-books? Any ideas?
I guess:

1. Amazon will start offer multi-format, DRM-free ebooks readable on any e-reading device.
2. B&N will produce eBook reader (Kindle Killer)
3. Apple will buy Cool-er eBook reader and start sell it under brand iPod read
For 1. I don't see Amazon willing to let mobi format die not until the horse is flogged to death. How many years did Sony keep betamax format alive until they finally gave up and switched to VHS. Still Amazon only really need to sell mobi and epub to all ereading devices and thats going to be the whole market.
2. B&N could do this but do they want to as the market is getting rapidly crowded with new entrants. It looks like the hardware with be eventually given away or rented and a subscription service such as monthly paytv will emerge.
3. Yeah, as soon as Apple release an ebook reader 90% of the world will ditch their existing devices because Ipods, Iphones and other I-devices are so much cool-er than other devices right
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote