View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Average sales of fewer than 400 readers a day: not much of a business, yet, is it?

"Over three million" ebooks sold to 300,000 owners of Readers: that's a pretty pathetic 10 books each. Curious. Either people are using these devices mostly to read public domain books, pirated ebooks, or their own documents. Or else they just aren't using them much.

"The company is also boosting the number of books it sells through its online e-book store to 100,000 by the end of the year from 57,000 currently." Sure. Right. I'm still waiting.
I think maybe their data isn't covering other sources of eBooks. Although, I have had my book nearly a year and have purchased approx 228 books from the Sony library, not counting Books On Board & Fictionwise plus several hundred free downloads from various sources.

Either a lot of people aren't reading (not likely) or...their figures are a little off?
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote