View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
blacknail
blacknail began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question First e-book reader with a specific purpose & restrictions

Hello all,

I am currently considering buying my first e-book reader. I want to use it mainly in a very specific context: helping me during my radio broadcasting shows. So, to be more specific, I just need it to read PDFs (or equivalent) with text, created in my laptop at home, and I'm looking for something low-end: I don't need wi-fi or 3G, nor display colours, nor touch screen, nor video, mp3 or radio capabilities. It is desirable that it has good readability with light, (so I guess a e-ink display is desirable, guess a backlit one isn't crucial). Important things are also the ability to edit the documents (or to take notes), but also not vital. The most crucial thing is price: I won't spend more than 50€ (or equivalent in other currencies) in it.

Just to finish, some details that can be important: I don't own a smartphone, only a dumbphone (with Bluetooth, though). I also have a laptop (where I create the documents) with Bluetooth and I run Linux in it. If absolutely mandatory, I can also run Windows in it.

I've searched a little over the web and got to no conclusions. txtr beagle (http://us.txtr.com/beagle/) seemed like an almost perfect solution, but it turned out that a smartphone is needed to operate with it, and also it seems it will only be sold by telecommunications companies in selected countries and only with subscriptions.

So, does anyone has an advice on something more or less similar to what I need & looking for?

Thank you all very much in advance,
Joćo
blacknail is offline   Reply With Quote