View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 AM   #125
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
[QUOTE=new;2349931]I also have the Paperwhite for almost a month now. I have been so deprived of techy toys for over a year or more, lol. SO last night I used the PW to read for several hours. Then I end up listening to the Ipod Touch for Audible books. I have trouble sleeping as you can see. Then I read for 2 hours on the SGP5, and it is wonderful to read on. As Blossom said with Screen Dim you can adjust to your liking in the middle of the night, as well as change fonts, backgrounds. She likes Mantano, I ended up with Moon + and like it as well as she likes Mantano. I can change everything to my liking.

/QUOTE]

I'll check out the Google Talk, but my family all have Skype accounts so perhaps I'm just better with that. Can Google talk make calls to a landline or mobile phone?

One more question. (This is so great for me, a big help!). Can you rate the reading experience Paperwhite vs SGP5 vs KFHD? I figured it wouldn't be enough difference to buy the PW along with the SGP5. I have a 9.7" DXG kindle which I read on most evenings. It is a big large and heavy in general (but great for PDFs), so for mobi I'd prefer a smaller reader. My 6"K3keyboard(3G) is at my country cottage, so I could use the SGP at home if it really is good enough for reading. I used a 5" jetBook for about 18 months (till I got the kindle) and it was quite good. The quick page turns made up for the smaller screen size. I still carry it with me for office appts and travel, as I even find the 6"kindle to be large'ish for carrying. It even reflows pdf which is nice. But the SGP5 screen should be whiter and better by far.

I think that I'll probably hold off on second purchases and see/test the SGP5 when I get there. I'll see if I can try out both Mandano and Moon+. The kindles all have 2-day delivery, so I can decide later. Economically, I should resist unless there is a compelling reason. I'm not seeing one right now. The SGP5 sounds better-and-better from what you and Blossom write. I also bought a Sansa Clip Zip for audio books (and a case with speakers + marshmallow headphones that Blossom recommended - seriously, she has great recommendations!) while I walk, which I do for about 2 hrs a day. Haven't used audible for years, perhaps will try the free sample book in January. So I should be pretty well covered.

I just have such a small window of opportunity for purchases without the fuss and expense of shipping to Europe. Even Amazon.uk or Germany is more expensive for me (and they do not always ship here).
Thanks again for your help with this!

(PS My husband just got a gorgeous 11" Sony Vaio Duo tablet yesterday (from work) - so I could borrow that for any large doc reading/movies at night - if I can pry it away from him!)

Last edited by rgeorg; 12-21-2012 at 02:41 AM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote