View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #38
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Indeed. Two years ago I was called by Visa directly.

They told me they were alerted by "an unexpected purshasing pattern".
This happened to me just a few weeks ago. Chase closed the account immediately.

I got a call the next day from one of the retailers who the people who scammed my card made a purchase from. He told me that when a card gets scammed like this, the banks do not contact the retailers who the charges went to. If the retailer ships the goods, it's gone. The retailer gets hit with the chargeback, and the merchandise is lost to them. He then gave me the name and address that the merchandise was to have been shipped to. I contacted Chase and gave them this information, and then I contact the police in the town in NJ that the merchandise was to be shipped to. Hopefully they've caught these thieves. Maybe some of the retailers will get their merchandise back.

A week later, I got a message from Discover that someone (other than me) had purchased $100 worth from iTunes. Had to close that account, too.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote