View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x55 View Post
Good question, and I think I see where you're headed, but I don' have a helpful answer.
Actually, it was a leading question because there isn't a way to do it. Except...
Quote:
There were two new books via sync, and I believe four or five metadata changes. For the changes, two were attempts to edit device-side files, the others were epubs that were removed from the device and re-sent (reconversions for CSS tweaks).

I'll pay more attention next time, but of course removing and re-sending isn't a metadata tweak, it's a new file.
That's right. But, the other thing that could happen is to change the author or title, or any other field that is used in the save template. In that case, calibre will write a new file to the device and the device will have two copies of the same book. The second one will appear on the home screen of the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote