View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
dgabriel
dgabriel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Validation messages

I am a self-taught ePub creator and have had quite a bit of good luck (I'll call it luck). Usually I was going from INDD to PDF to HTML to Sigil. But in reading some information I went this last time from WORD to HTML to Sigil. BTW I am using a MAC.

I validated and got a ton of messages.

I was able to clear up a lot. but the main remaining I just don't know how to deal with:

Fonts:

OEBPS/Fonts/GothamNarrow Book.otf - N/A - This resource is present in the OPF <manifest>, but it's not reachable (it's unused).

I was trying to use embedded fonts so I suppose I set it up wrong. If there is a fairly straight-forward way to help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Body code:

I get this for almost every file -
<body link="blue" style="tab-interval:.5in" vlink="purple" xml:lang="EN-US" xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace">
attribute 'link' is not declared for element 'body'
and attribute 'vlink' is not declared for element 'body'

One thing I liked about the conversion is that it made nice tables - I could never get tables to automatically be created the other way I worked. But I get - attribute 'width' is not declared for element 'td' - when I go to the line in question -
<td style="width:189.9pt;border-top:none;border-left: solid #365F91 1.0pt;border-bottom:solid #5B903E 1.0pt;border-right:solid #5B903E 1.0pt; padding:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt" valign="top" width="190">

looks to me like 'width' is there. I get tons of these messages - for every table/row

Now the book looks great on my iPad and I opened it in ADE and it looks good. Fonts are not what I specified, but forums seem to say this is a tricky problem.

Is it feasible to send this book to users with all the validation messages unanswered?

I know this is long and a bit involved, but hope to hear from someone.
Thank you so much
Deb
dgabriel is offline   Reply With Quote