Thread: Just curious...
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #26
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Fascinating, I've never heard of such a thing, is the pain caused by lacking the feedback or is it because of poor posture caused by the flat surface of the tablet.

I have suffered some pain when using a conventional keyboard and using two thumbs to type. My thumbs get stiff and ache after extensive typing, but that is due to over using my thumbs. I since I started using swipe (FlexT9) to write text and I don't suffer any discomfort.
Lack of feedback. It creates more impact to the whole structure of your hands.

I have good posture. A bout of repetitive stress injuries whipped me into that habit in a hurry.

Quote:
Amazing, I can't even think that fast.

Your are correct, the fastest time recorded for typing with swipe is 70 wpm, without any typos. A keyboard called messageEase claims a proficient user can average 50wpm. Me I can only type 65wpm so these keyboards get close results
I use Swype on my phone. It reduces the impact since I don't have to lift my finger as much. It's pretty quick - as quick as I could ever imagine going on an on-screen keyboard - but still frusteratingly slow compared to my physical keyboard typing speed. I probably get 30-40wpm on Swype with so-so accuracy.

I'm a writer who was raised by a geek. I learned how to type before I learned how to handwrite, and I haven't stopped since.

Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 04-28-2012 at 03:55 AM.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote