View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMe View Post
Well it was down to about 1/4, maybe less, by the meter. Still that should be good for hundreds of more page turns at that point.
Nope -- once it drops below the 1/4 mark, plan on charging pretty soon. I did run mine to the point where it flashed a warning that the battery needed to be charged. I didn't -- just put the thing to sleep with the Alt-Aa key press, thinking I'd just use it later until it quit. Next morning, it was dark. Recharged & it wouldn't power on until I used the forced reset with a paper-clip.

But -- with the antenna turned off and reading from 2-6 hours a day, I easily get 4-8 days on a single charge. Turning on the antenna means needing to charge every-other day, but I don't try to use the Kindle to surf the net. I only use the antenna for deliberately downloading content from Amazon, MobileRead, or Feedbooks.

Last edited by Elsi; 06-27-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote