View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
barncat
barncat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Non DRM ePub files can be directly accessed and modified without uncompressing them using Sigil although the internal content may be rearranged in the the process.

Dale
Okay. YAY, I get this now. Yesterday I spent hours exploring this difference. And I had heard that Sigil plays with file organization and can add some code. What I came up with yesterday was this: Spring open the archive with Springy, then select files to be edited in Text Wrangler. You can do this without extraction. Springy just shows you what's inside of the archive, and you can option click (on a mac) to get the contextual menu. I was afraid, at first, of selecting any of the functions, not knowing exactly what they'd do. But it turned out to be very straight forward. When you're finished editing a file, save - and close Text Wrangler. The archive is still intact, but the edits are done. At least, when I was finished I was pretty confident that I had done permanent edits to the files.

I know that most of you already know these things. But there will be another person like me, floundering and looking for specific help - so I thought I should record here plainly what I had discovered.

Last edited by barncat; 03-11-2012 at 01:36 PM.
barncat is offline   Reply With Quote