View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Let dead authors rest in peace - please.

Last week, I was distraught to learn that A A Milne's trustees had allowed David Benedictus to wirte a sequel to Winnie the Pooh.

Now, Douglas Adams' estate has Eoen Colfer writing a sequel to "The Hitchhiker's Guide..."

(And there's other authors who have been treated similarly - Ian Fleming comes to mind).

As far as I can see, it is just a sordid money grabbing exercise - "Dig up the dead and get them to dance for a few more pennies."

I know that David Benedictus and Eoen Colfer are already established authors, but don't they have a conscience? How do they justify it to themselves?

Am I the only one who feels strongly about this?
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote