Thread: Metadata issues
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waba View Post
It's interesting because the tags actually went from my PDF collection in Calibre into the 505 without issue... I'm wondering if there is no way to get the PDF metadata across without actually renaming it in a way Sony likes.
The tags are not actually written to the PDF file itself. They are stored in a separate file on the Sony. I think it is media.xml.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waba View Post
I will experiment with some other PDF metadata editing. Hopefully there's a trick to get them across without having to reconvert it to another type of file.
Yes, a PDF editing tool to modify the metadata in the file is your best bet.

Or have calibre convert the PDF to ePub instead. This is a format that calibre can write metadata too.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote