View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
You might be making a Smashwords mistake here, Hitch: assuming that just because the text isn't presented the way you want, that it's not presented as the author wanted. (Sorry, I couldn't resist. )

More seriously, yes I agree that the even second example doesn't look right, but since it was placed under a heading of "Instead of looking like This" I assumed that must have been what they wanted it to look like ... obviously such assumptions are not entirely safe.
;-)

Yes, but I was actually assuming that the poster didn't deliberately have broken paragraphs, or that each line was supposed to stand alone like that in what, in the second example, seemed to be intended to be paragraphs. I also assume--and this is a big assumption, because some folks are just MARRIED to block paragraphs--that s/he wanted to create the book like the vast majority of reading material, not web material, and in accordance with Amazon's guidelines, which is first-line indented, not block-style. I absolutely could be wrong on both fronts.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote