View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 12:57 AM   #12
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJn View Post
Hello all.

I've been doing some reading about the Nook STR and have a few questions:

1. As I understand it, it seems as if about 750 MB of HD space is reserved for B&N purchased ebooks, with the rest available for side-loaded content. Does that mean that when the (admittedly large) amount of reserved space is used up, the user can no longer put first party purchased ebooks on the device?

2. Some have said that the 750 MB is hidden when connected to a computer. If that's so, how does one back up ebooks bought directly through the Nook?

3. The DRM makes me nervous, because apparently it's tied to the user's CC number (and billing address?). Couldn't that mean that a lost/stolen Nook be used by a hacker to reverse engineer the ebooks to find out this information?

4. What's the process for backing up B&N purchased content using a PC/Mac? I'm guessing the DRM makes it so one can't just throw the files on an external drive and be done with it?

5. Is it possible to buy a number of books from B&N, but only keep a select few on the device for reading and redownload others later? Iyes you can buy as many books as you like and put as few as you want on the device.s there a limit to the number of times something can be downloaded?

yes you can buy as many books as you like and put as few as you want on the device.

Thanks
#2 The best way is to install Nook for PC and download the books to your computer this provides the proper naming of the file for side loading as well as saving the files to your computer for backup.

#5 yes you can buy as many books as you like and put as few as you want on the device.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote