View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #66
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
But it still is shameful.
Why, because no one is handing you exactly what you want, in the precise package you want, at exactly the moment you demand it?

Feeling entitled much lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg
Is this going to change soon? I doubt it.
Oh, ye of little faith.

When digital music first went on sale, huge swaths of titles were unavailable. iTunes touted a "mere" 200,000 songs. Less than 7 years later, it reportedly offers 14 million songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg
I'm not anti-capitalism, but capitalism is so obviously failing to get us access to all except current books and classics that I am amazed e-reading people are defending this system.
You may not be anti-capitalist, but you sound rather entitled and impatient.

Ebooks are still less than 10% of the US market for ebooks -- and a much smaller slice elsewhere. As market share increases, the financial incentives will increase, and more books will become available.

Oh, and don't forget Google is running around scanning everything in sight with commercial intent, and forcing an evaluation of how to handle orphaned works.

I don't think you will really have all that long to wait.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote