View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
are you participating in the 9.99 boycott?

do you think it is helping? is there anyway to find out when/if these titles are dropping in price? I know one of the arguments has been along the lines of; "sure keep the ebook price high when it is just released, but drop it when the paperback comes out." I was just looking at the "free and inexpensive..." thread that koland keeps for us and looking at the new release by Reich. it is set as a pre-order ebook price for $14.01, and the hardcover is $15.57 (odd prices, but what the hey).

my question is, are we sending mixed signals? isn't it ok for the initial release price to be a little up there to give the author some props? aren't we getting what we asked for? release the ebook simultaneously with the hardback release, keep the price a little high until the paperback comes out...

thoughts? comments?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote