View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #394
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by wystearya View Post
I hate that the replacements seem to be not much, if any better, than the originals. While I personally don't have color issues, I do have a band of brighter light in the upper left-hand corner. It isn't too bad, only really visible on a blank page, but I know it's there. If the replacements were actually better I would return it for a 'good' one. But seeing all the problems listed here, I think I should just keep what I have since it doesn't bother me much. It isn't noticeable while reading, so I guess I will live with it. Better that then risk getting a worse one.

Sad though.. Once I have had my Kindle at least a full week I will put a review on Amazon's page. And I definitely will take into account all the defective screens, including my own. I like Amazon as a company, but I think they failed here.
Try a replacement. You can keep your still, just make sure you return one within 30 days of them sending you an email with a return label. My first one had, amongts other things, three too bright areas, apart from the ever present bottom light cones. The replacements did not, they just had other issues.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote