View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #19
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
Software matters, too. I use Linux on a dual-core processor and with the default viewer (Evince) it takes about 1-3 seconds to render the page of a scanned pdf (I think it takes more time when the document is initially opened, then it becomes faster). If I use mupdf as an alternative viewer, the rendering of the page is less than a second. Acrobat reader also renders the pages faster.
Djvu is usually faster than pdf for large scanned documents, so I always end up converting them if I plan to use them a lot.

It is worth noting that the M92 pdf viewer uses Acrobat's engine, that is usually quite fast, so it's a bit odd it is so slow to flip pages. I thought it rendered and cached the next page...

BTW it would be nice to have an alternative PDF viewer based on the mupdf rendering engine
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote