View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
3-I've heard that there is a problem with inter-paragraph line spacing. Doesn't the Glo honor the internal stylesheet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jabby
The issue that some people have is that the Glo does honour the internal stylesheet. This leads to situations where an ebook was formatted with very wide margins and you can't reduce them below the stylesheet settings using the margin width slider. Or ridiculous line heights -- one ebook I looked at used a default line height of 1.66 so the text looked almost double spaced. One ebook a friend of mine had on his Mini had a 2.5cm wide blank band on each side of the display which doesn't leave much room for the text to display. A quick edit with Sigil and he had default margins of 0 and the ebook suddenly became readable.

As murg said and I second -- you will often edit the stylesheet to make the ebook look better on your device. Sigil and Calibre are very useful tools for that purpose.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 03-29-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: typos, what else is old?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote