View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Alright, I hope you don't get mad at me if it doesn't live up to your hopes in some way.

Look for a special on the Nook, they often seem to run discounts.

Before you root it, be sure to make a backup image of the drive. There are instructions for this on the XDA site. You never know if you are going to screw up somehow and brick the thing ("root" it in the Australian sense).

You will need the Search Market app for the Android market. You can push this across to the Nook from your computer using your Google account.

It is worth taking some time to get the Android interface set up for e-ink. This means going through and turning off all the animations, changing the icons to black and white, and that sort of thing.

Bear in mind that the battery will drain faster in Android if you are running processor-intensive or screen-refresh-intensive applications.

I put some initial impressions of my experience here, though soon after that I went back to using it in portrait mode except for PDF viewing. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181034

I made a few screenshots to give a better idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Desktop.png
Views:	331
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	89033   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ordinary PDF.png
Views:	337
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	89034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Big textbook.png
Views:	343