View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is indeed annoying, but don't you think you're perhaps being a little unreasonable in claiming that you've been "scammed"? That implies some wrongdoing on the part of the vendor. In this case, from what you're said, the purchase really was made from your device, and, with the greatest respect, you are responsible for the actions of your children if you let them play with your Android device.
Price is not even remotely reasonable for what it is. It's a typical "grab money while you can". It's different from "scam" though, this one is legalized scam.

It really depends on where you live. In Germany customer is not "responsible" for unexpected behavior by the company regardless of EULA. (and this law, in fact, does work) I didn't expect that apps on my tablet can start making non-refundable purchases, only because I've bought something using my credit card from google market. (using damn PC, not tablet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps, though, it might be better if the Android marketplace made you enter your password every time that you make a purchase, as the Apple AppStore does?
That's the only reasonable (default) way in my books.
And, by the way, are you sure that appstore does it any different when accessed from device?
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote