View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #32
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
[...]P.S. I've always thought the overlap is creativity. Many don't see/think of that in the software world, but it is very much true. And there are some similarities in writing software and writing in creating the piece-parts that fit together and support the overall objective of the story or program.
I tend to agree, though there are other factors too. One is simply the habit of writing (and I think this is a big one). Other factors include: the ability to sit and concentrate on one thing for long hours (which is a polite way of saying: being happy to sit on your butt for large parts of the day ); and a compulsion to keep gnawing at a problem until you find the solution.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote