View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 03:33 AM   #10
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I would say ask yourself what features most benefit YOU and your general use. If you like your 350, hang with it, at least for a while. Then you can better judge whether T-1 crashing is maybe a bad batch of T1s or all T1s. Hubby's has not frozen once, knock on wood.

The shiny bezel issue will probably be solved shortly, i.e. skins will become available. As for the screen freezes, we'll have to see. Work on support for tags to collections in Calibre is already underway.

At any rate, I'm undecided on T1 color, also on what sort of case I might want, and whether or not I want to skin, so I'm sitting back and waiting for a bit to see how things settle out and what accessories might come available in the way of covers.

But because I really, REALLY wanted a backup reader with touchscreen for proofreading epubs, I picked up a refurb 350 for $85 shipped from SonyStyle yesterday. That will keep me happy for now, because it does have full Calibre support. I'm not sure I'll like the smaller screen, but it will work for my purpose and if I decide I don't care for the smaller screen, I'm quite certain I'll be able to sell it easily enough.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote