View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #42
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
It is hard to tell what is going on with this battery draining problem. When your battery drains from 100% to 80% to 60% over 2 nights, it certainly sounds like it might be just a meter problem. But I have never actually let it continue on like this till it got really low and then charged it to see how long it takes, which would be one way to see. I have always rebooted it or done the topping off thing (see above) which kind of stops it from this behavior. Once it stops, then normal draining (a few % each day) takes over and when you finally charge it at say 20%, it does take about 2 hours to get to 100%, which is about right.

Yes, I would much rather have it be a bug with the battery meter, which is why I am hoping this upgrade fixes the problem - it would save me from having to mail the damn thing in to get a new one!
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote