View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 04:35 AM   #20
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
While I would always run AV, I certainly understand your sentiments about it. I've been pretty pleased with Microsoft Security Essentials myself and would never pay for this type of software.

Rather than reinstalls, an even better option is to make an image of a known good install and save it to an external hard drive. If you then 'need' to do a reinstall, you just restore the image, which takes a fraction of the time and all your programs are already installed. This also prevents you having to re-activate any software. You then just install any updates, or programs that you installed since the image was made, and all your configurations are preserved. Windows 7 can make the image itself, or you can use one of several free tools available to create the image for older versions of Windows.
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote