Thread: PRS-500 PDFrasterFarian v2.0 beta
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 PM   #96
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
yeah, sigh, i guess my uploading is still not working. ok, i've now tried creating a rar with a 10% recovery record. in theory, this should correct the errors that are introduced when i try to upload. The problem is the connection keeps breaking off and resuming, and I guess Filezilla doesn't handle this part perfectly. Or maybe even straight uploading doesn't work too well either. Anyway, download 2.1.6 here and let me know if the recovery record helps.

Azayzel, PDFrasterFarian could very easily be made to work with images. Ok, in 2.2 you'll be able to right-click a folder and process and glue the images in it. I'm afraid the same page ordering issues as in pre-2.1.4 might resurface, but I don't think those affected too many people. (And the people with those problems can just go back to je-comic creator)

Bob, would simply splitting the image down the middle (or by some configurable but constant position) satisfy you? If you do your scans carefully, i think so. This would also not be a problem to add, and i'll put it in 2.2.

Also, maybe someone could do the homework for me and find a nice DjVu-to-PNG/JPG converter. (DjVu is a popular file format for scanned documents.) I'd like to put this in 2.2 as well.

The one-click-profiles feature is also itching me (ie an extra, configurable context-menu option that does a conversion without asking any questions). Thing is that simply adding a one-click-profile is easy. The hard part is actually deleting it (at least if you have more than one). You have to parse the Registry, present the existing profiles to the user, etc.

Oh, and, with one-click profiles you'd also want multiple conversion instances even more, so you could just fire a bunch of them off and go to sleep. To make temp folders that are different on each instance is easy. Cleaning up after people close pdfrasterfarian improperly is harder. Hmm... I guess i'll check timestamps on startup and delete older temp directories.

Lastly, specifying a page range for conversion is also not a problem. I'm not sure how many people really need this feature, but I'll chuck it into advanced mode.

hmm... if i implement all these features maybe i should call the new version 2.5

bugsbunny, the way to make things bigger is not to use the reader's size button, but to change a pdfrasterfarian parameter. In 2.1.4 this was called "landscape" mode. In 2.1.6 it's referred to as "splitting a page in two." I know this has been confusing many people, and it's frustatrating me that I can't get the new version out.
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote