View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
Those books are banned? Iread quite a few of them. Must be an american thing because most of them were really good books.
They weren't banned becuase they were bad, Tribble!

They were banned because they were considered subversive, too racey, used racial descriptions that were common to the time they were written, and other reasons like that. In The U.S. this occurred mostly during the 1950's, I think. I know that Germany banned a lot of stuff during the 30's & 40's, and the Soviets banned a lot of stuff too (and China still does, as I understand), but those lists would be ... different.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote