View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #12
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbeline View Post
Re: metadata - Popped one into calibre. It does generate some metadata, but not information that really relavent to how I want search/sort it =/ (like series and genre). Edit: Although I suppose I could do that manually with bulk edit or something - it's not a deal breaker.
Calibre has very extensive functionality regarding metadata, tags, series, genere, downloading metadata and covers automatically from net *and* bulk management of that metadata with support of regular Expressions and other *very* powerful tools. Calibre also has tools that let you bulk import metadata you have in form of filenames, directory names and other things.

One more thing:
Have a look at the Kindle Collection manager at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186305

It lets you to use PC (Calibre) AND/OR user interface on Kindle itself to create nested collections on Kindle Touch and Kindle Paperwhite. You can import/export collections to/from Kindle itself or to/from Calibre.

Last edited by kacir; 01-13-2013 at 06:05 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote