View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by africalass View Post
Hi

Thanks for the reply. yes, I was adding without Calibre's 'knowledge' as I didn't know I could add non book formats. I always add via the 'add books' or 'add books from directories'.

Is the method you're talking about done via the 'add files' (or shift+A) way, which I've not used previously? Or how do I use the Edit Metadata dialogue to do this?

Many thanks.
No. You first create an Empty book entry as you have been doing. Then select that entry and hit the Edit Metadata dialog and add the file from there.

Having said that if you do not already have a book entry I think you can still add one of these files via Add Books option.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote