View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Hi, Gleidson. I am happy that I upgraded to the 950. I am also thinking of adding a Nook Color to my ereader collection. I am watching on the sidelines now to see how their app and magazine selections develop. Here are the Top 3 reasons I like the 950 improvements that I posted in another thread. If these don't matter to you, then maybe you are ok to stay with the 900. If money is not an issue, then go for both the 950 and the Nook Color!

1) New screen: The reduced glare and improved contrast are obvious. However, the sensitivity of the touch screen is my favorite improvement. Now it is more like how touch should be. I rarely need to use the stylus anymore.

2) Wikipedia integration is excellent. Highlight a word / phrase and when it opens the dictionary menu there is a special icon to launch a Wikipedia search. I haven't found much use for the browser otherwise since Sony won't let you download from anywhere but their store (grumble, grumble).

3) Better PDF viewing. It has a new "Page Mode" with quadrant viewing so it's much easier to read 2 or 3 column PDF files. Also you can lock zoom now.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote