View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 (B006)
I tried that. I used the ~exec function just as you said. The screen flashed and I restarted my Kindle. When it booted up, I plugged it into my computer but my computer made a triple beep sound (it does that if Kindle's in network mode). Is there another way to rename "auto" either using the ~exec command or otherwise? Is there a command that I can use with ~exec that will rename "auto" to "DISABLED_auto"? I desperately need help to get my Kindle connected to my computer.

I've heard the official (non-beta) firmware version 3.0.2 is out. If I wait until it's downloaded to my Kindle automatically, would pressing "Update my Kindle" in settings cause firmware 3.0.2 to override or remove the USB Network hack or would the new firmware be prevented from installing?
Stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote