View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottalpoly View Post
I purchased Companion but it doesnt transfer the (pdf) metadata - so it is pointless for my purposes. It just makes a simple file transfer task extremely complicated - without actually adding any value
First, if you are unhappy with CC then we will refund your money. Send mail from CC, including (if you have it) your google play transaction number and the google play account used.

As for not including metadata, I am confused. As you can see in the attached CC screen capture, the PDF has all the calibre metadata associated with it. What are you expecting to happen?

Do note that CC makes no attempt to update the metadata in the PDF file. If that is what you were expecting and require, then you are correct. CC does not solve your problem. However, and as shown in the screen capture, CC does have access to the calibre metadata and can search, sort, and group on it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	479
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	96474
Quote:
FYI it also appears to be incompatible with "Where's My Droid" . I spent two hours trying to get a connection (e.g. manually setting IP addresses) but could only manage it when I stopped the "Wheres My Droid" app.
Thanks for the info. I just tried it and I have no problems connecting. I have no idea what Wheres my Droid does to prevent CC from functioning for you, and unfortunately because it works for me I don't have a lot of hope of finding out.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote