View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula66 View Post
But why did a problem occur if I moved the entire folder and contents. Shouldn't the metadata.db have moved with the folder? It was when the folder (with the metadata.db) wasn't foundthat I started having trouble.
Also if the metadata.db is the library then why does it not find anything when it is pointed at the metadata.db
Sorry going off track.
I need to find a way of adding a second library to calibre safely that was once a subfolder of the my kindle content folder Will the metadata be in that folder already or has something happened when i have moved it out of the my kindle content folderto an external drive
Thank you for your fast response I really appreciate your help. i know I am struggling thank you.
Please understand that any instructions will have to be precise. I can find many different meaning in a sentence. lol
Betterred gave you the recommended way to move a library and Yes, copying the entire folder should work in most cases.

The not in most cases can happen if you copy a Library from a case insensitive OS like XP to one that is (or has a variant in the way long file names are stored) like Linux. 'My Book' is not the same as 'my book' to OS like Linux (an Yes, bot can exist in Linux and accessing the same Library (via Windows mounted share) will have trouble because you have 2 files, but Windows only can see one and will trip if it tries to write to/delete it .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote