View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Considering Writing a Nonfiction Reference Work on Google

So here are my questions:

1) If you saw a book on searching Google, would you consider buying it?
2) What would you want to see in it?
3) How much would you be willing to pay?

I've got a master's degree in library science, so I figured I could write a book to help people search Google like a pro for research purposes. (It's amazing how many really lousy Google searches I come across.) People need to do Google searches for a lot of different purposes, and sometimes they spend a lot of time and effort, so I thought there might be a market for this. In addition to syntax, my book would address things like how to evaluate the credibility of information, what to ask yourself before you start searching, etc.

What do you think? I've got some initial pages together, and I'm going to be releasing this as an e-book. It probably won't top 25 pages, to be honest, so maybe it's more appropriate to call it a pamphlet or booklet or something, but I think it could still be useful to people, especially as an e-book, because sample search links can be embedded right in the book.

Any thoughts? Is this just a dumb idea?
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote