View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtintle View Post
My new question is it possible to set which disk it automatically sends the book to? I've tried to set the Set default send to device action to Send to storage card A, but it keeps sending it to the Main device....would that have to be a news setting change?

EDIT: After doing a search on default send, I found that Calibre sends news to which ever storage has the most room available...guess I should search before I ask questions...
That seems like one of those "surprising" answers to me and the behaviour obviously surprised you too. Was this on a forum thread or in the documentation? I've raised an enhancement request ticket here to see if we could get an option at least for it to use the default storage for news.

[EDIT] Kovid has closed the ticket indicating the actual behaviour is as follows:
Quote:
The current behavior is to preferentially send to the main memory as long as the main memory has enough space and only otherwise to send to the location with the most free space.
So you are correct in saying it does not consider the "default" setting for a device, however not quite correct in terms of which storage area it considers first.

Last edited by kiwidude; 02-17-2011 at 06:04 PM.