Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #225
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Hi, Lynx-lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Hi David

I refer to the super text note numbers that are part of the text in the body of the material.

I take your point re bottom of the page reference notes, but my non-fiction currently seem to favour the superscript style.
No difference really. Either way of showing a link to a footnote will work if properly used -- and if you can hit that little link which is a bit difficult in most cases. Unfortunately, I've found several books where the text-decoration underline tag was used but there is no actual link defined. For instance in one book, <a class="urllink" href="../Text/footnote1.xhtml#footnote1" id="d1">*</a> is the forward link to a footnote while the reverse link is <a class="urllink" href="../Text/Chapter1.xhtml#d1">*</a> which works. Another book I have had an ebook creator who didn't bother with the work of creating the links. All you got was a number with a <span style="text-decoration:underline; color:blue"> tag and a </span> end tag wrapped around it.

Quote:
So I suppose we can gather that irrespective of the style of note, super text or bottom of the page, there is a link to and from problem irrespective of their highlighted or underscored appearance on the page (which normally means they are defined to work).
Actually all the underline means in many cases is the the text decoration for the chunk of text was defined as underline.

Quote:
Yes Sigil is a way to go, though quite frankly I get around all this another way: I use my BB playbook to read these non-fictions and it is still the best overall ereader I have.

But the Playbook reader app does not highlight or annotate so I need to have my Sony reader at the same time and then I can do those things on that. The reason I don't use the Sony is because unless I'm reading outdoors, or under good overhead light, I require 1 or 2 reading lights.

I bought the Glo for 2 primary reasons: the built in light and the fact that it handled non-fiction.

Hmmmmmmphh ..... no it doesn't handle non-fiction!!
Actually, it does handle compliant non-fiction -- I have most of my IBM, Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare documentation as epub documents. The problem is that all too many "epub" ebooks are very minimally standards compliant.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote