Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:27 AM   #219
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Also, the second book, the non-fiction, has issues with trying to get the notes to function so that they actually take you to the note at the back of the book and then back again to the reading point.
I've found quite a few books where footnotes (if that is what you are referring to) are not properly setup. The footnote forward link should point to the footnote while the footnote should have a reverse link back to the footnote forward link location. I've seen books where the forward link simply points to the start of the appendix where the footnotes are stored with no reverse link defined, books where the forward and reverse links are static links which no longer work after changes were made unless you feel up to locating and manually editing them and the ones where the footnote markers have no links though they will be underlined to make them look like a link.

If the ebook is in epub format and not DRMed, you can use Sigil to examine the links. Though I have to warn you that looking at the source for many ebooks may be hard on your stomach. Very often, the first thought that comes to mind is that your 4 year old child/grandchild/neighbour/Malemute could do a better job of creating a standards compliant ebook.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote