Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #214
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The 2 and 3 values are the standard CSS defaults for these values.
Well if that's true, how come this widow/orphan thing didn't show up until --uhm-- after 2.0.0 (just guessing)? Something somewhere changed in a Kobo firmware after which these gaps at the bottom of the page started to appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I see that as well. It is usually about a lines worth of space. When I look at the page it happens on, there is usually some formatting difference in the text. Chapter headings and things like a text in a superscript somewhere on the screen mean that a line takes a little more height than the other lines. The space left looks to be about a lines worth but I think any letters with tails would lose part of them.
Mmm. I'll have to start paying more attention. I'm not sure I've noticed this... but I do agree it sounds like the (only?) explanation.

Quote:
I knew I forgot to mention something. There is a thread here discussing this problem. And you are right, it happens when the paragraph is longer than what will fit on a screen. As far as I know, it is new with 2.3.1
Definitely before 2.3.1, as I'm still on 2.1.5 (scared of not having a home and back link), and I think it was even before 2.1.5, but I'm not sure about that.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote