View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #403
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokrypt View Post
I suppose you haven't actually tested it under water though?
Try this: take a bottle of bottled water, hold it in your hand, and try to operate a capacitive touch screen with the corner of the base. If it works, then I don't think the touchscreen would work under water... Just a guess though.
Under water??? Who reads under water?? Before ereaders, did you take a book into the bath and hold it under water to read it? That doesn't even sound comfortable. When you take a book to the beach or poolside, do you hop in the pool and hold it under water when you read it? Seriously??

I don't know about tomsem, but I regularly took my Sony PRS700 into the bath. I did immerse it under water, but not while I was reading it, after my bath, to test it. Here's an old thread about others with the capacitive touch Sony 700.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I think as long as there was a big enough air gap between the kindle screen and the protective screen, it would work. So something stretchy, but not too stretchy. But that's a task for engineers...
No air gap needed, or preferred. I vacuum seal it so that there isn't slack and it doesn't feel like anything is on the reader surface at all. Then I trim the edges as close as I can. The only issue I had was making sure I didn't make the vacuum too tight, because all of the buttons will get depressed. That being said, since the PW has no buttons on the flat surface, just the bottom, it should be even easier to seal.

Last edited by SolRaven; 10-06-2012 at 02:46 AM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote