View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 AM   #13
Dellaster
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
The eBooks are the same - if you buy one from enTourage, it downloads directly to your eDGe and into the Library and you're ready to go. With Sony's store or some other store, you have to download it to your PC first, then put it on an SD card or something, transfer it to your eDGe, find it and Add to Library, and finally you can read. You can save money, or you can get it really easy and conveniently.
Or you can save money and get it really easy and conveniently. Sometimes. Don't count the enTourage bookstore out in your ebook bargain hunt. For example, I wanted to brush up on my Java (been over a decade) so I searched Inkmesh for best price on Sams' Teach Yourself Java in 24 Hours. Cheapest was Amazon.com, no surprise, but wrong format. On a whim I checked the bookstore here. Surprise! PDF cheaper than Amazon's Kindle version. By around two bucks!

There was another I put on my wishlist that was only available in ebook form from enTourage's store. Nobody else had it. I see the publisher, Wrox, now has it but its discounted price is two dollars higher. (Professional Android 2 Application Development , new version published a few months ago. Everyone else but Wrox still carry the older ebook version from a year ago.)

Needless to say I now always check here as well as elsewhere for my books.