View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #18
danrodney
All Around Nice Guy
danrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire, Nook 1st Gen, Nook Color
I made an UnZip and updated the Zip version to 1.0.3

First I wanted to thank pdurrant so much for writing the EPUB Zip script!

However I disagree that unzipping is so easy. I've had some EPUBs that do not properly unzip with the Finder's native unzipper (and renaming your files is a pain if you need to do it a lot). Using pdurrant's code as a reference, I went ahead and made an UnZip app that uses the terminal command which I find more reliable.

While I was at it I updated the EPUB Zip 1.0.2.app to remove the confirmation dialog at the end (to speed things up) and make the dialog messages more consistent with the UnZipper I created.

Here's the new version for all to enjoy. It contains:
EPUB UnZip 1.0.app
EPUB Zip 1.0.3.app

Thanks again for your contribution.
Dan
Attached Files
File Type: zip EPUB-Zip-and-UnZip.zip (63.9 KB, 9195 views)
danrodney is offline   Reply With Quote