View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #12
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I don't argue that. I would love for Amazon to keep a list of stolen serial numbers but in reality t would only prevent the thief from purchasing from Amazon.

As far as registered PID's, as long as there are computer PID's and DRM stripping tools, any reader can still be used by any thief. So again, all readers should have a lock, if they are going to have them not just the Kindle.
Do you mean a screen lock? I don't think most people would bother. I mostly just want a password on deregistering and for Amazon to block stolen serial numbers. Yes, the device would still be usable, but do you think most people would have bought their Kindles if they couldn't use Amazon's store? My point is that it makes it a lot less valuable therefore less attractive to a thief.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote