View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I think Amazon is in a unique position here since you can register your device to an account through the device itself. I would hope that if I contacted Fictionwise, BooksonBoard or any other store with whom I had a registered PID (or the Sony Connect store with their Reader's ID) and told them my device was stolen, that they would block that PID. Amazon blocking a Kindle PID doesn't make the Kindle unusable, but it makes it far less attractive.
I don't argue that. I would love for Amazon to keep a list of stolen serial numbers but in reality t would only prevent the thief from purchasing from Amazon.

As far as registered PID's, as long as there are computer PID's and DRM stripping tools, any reader can still be used by any thief. So again, all readers should have a lock, if they are going to have them not just the Kindle.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote