View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #213
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@theducks - I just renamed my Open With.json to *.jsonsave.

When I started calibre and selected Open With Sigil I got the Windows Error 2. It had C:\Program Files\Sigil\Sigil.exe in the configuration - but my Sigil's in C:\Program Files (X86)\Sigil\

The Open With.jsonsave has C:\Program Files (X86)\Sigil\Sigil.exe - I have a vague recollection I may have corrected it when I first installed Sigil or Open With.

Eh, how could a wayward kb shortcut end up causing a Windows file IO error.

BR
Totally Bogus message wording?

It did this on both X64 and Portable. They have their own configurations.
FWIW I think there is a Calibre shared Keyboard shortcut config file that was the problem. It was Calibre that messed up handing off (passing) the control-E to Openwith. Resetting the shortcut in OW fixed the KB-shortcut in Calibre.

If the JSON is missing, you get the defaults which are, IIRC expect the 32bit locations. All you need to do is change the tic in OW's config screen
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote